Banana muffins are the perfect go to recipe for ripe bananas. Don’t throw away the over ripe bananas sitting on the counter. Bake these simple yet delicious banana muffins and I promise you that you would let them ripe to bake these muffins.
You need 3 ripe bananas and basic kitchen ingredients to get started.
Difficulty: Easy 🙂
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Resting Time: 5 mins Yield: 6
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed
Oven, Mixing bowl, hand blender, hand mixer with beaters, rubber spatula, glass jar or beaker, muffin tins, muffin liners(optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- I mashed the bananas using a hand blender. You could simple mash them with a fork or potato masher.
- To the banana mixture, add butter, sugar and oil. Beat it well with a whisker.
- Add the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix it well until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and fold the mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4ths full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tins.
- Do not leave it in the tin for more than five minutes as the muffins will become soggy.
- If you don’t use the muffin liners, grease and flour the pan so the muffins come out without sticking.