Guacamole is a healthy dip and a must when we have taco nights! It is meant to be easy to make and delicious. Plain and simple. It’s a blend of a few quality ingredients with flavors that meld together beautifully.
Difficulty: Easy Peasy
Prep Time: 10 mins Yield: 1 Cup
- 2 Avocados – Peeled, Pitted and Mashed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mixing bowl, fork
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt using a fork.
- Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Pick ripe avocados for the best guacamole.
- Gently press the avocados before peeling them.
- Guacamole oxidizes and turns brown pretty quick.
- Place your leftover guac in a storage container and add about 1/2 cup water on top of it. Seal the container and refrigerate. Before serving, drain the water off the top, give it a stir and you’re good to go.