Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the comfort food. I absolutely love making cookies. Its fun and exciting. Beyond the fact that I love making them, I love to binge on them 😉
Difficulty: Easy 🙂
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 12 mins Resting: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup butter ( 1 Stick – room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar (white + brown)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon oil (of your choice. I use sunflower + olive oil)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
Oven, large mixing bowl, hand mixer with beaters, mixing spoon, baking sheet, ice cream scoop
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl, beat the butter with white and brown sugar using hand mixer until creamy.
- Add flour and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Add water, oil and vanilla and mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop dough onto a baking sheet, leaving enough space between the cookies. Bake in preheated oven for approx. 10 -12 mins.
I also tried this recipe with whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour and it worked great.