These Cookies are buttery, rich incredibly tender and delicious. An easy recipe for thumbprint cookies with a jam filling – sweet & absolutely addictive!
Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 16 mins Resting Time: 5 mins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar (75 grams)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup jam, or any other filling of your choice
Oven, baking sheet, hand mixer, ice cream scooper
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy, for about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix. Add dry ingredients and beat at a low speed, until combined well.
- In a baking sheet, scoop dough into small 1″ balls. Make an deep indentation in the center of each ball with your thumb or rounded back of scooper. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Fill each indentation with jam or any other filling of your choice.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet to firm up before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling.